Australia Bilateral Visa Waiver Agreements

Contact the embassy of the country where the person will be based to obtain the latest visa requirements. Note that you may need documents such as: Pass Photos; A cover letter from the AIS and/or the national sports organisation concerned out the reasons for the stay and financial assistance; and proof of health and insurance. For more information, please visit Visa Link. Like Japan, Canada is a strategic partner of the European Union. There are 14 visa waiver agreements between 60 and 90 days between Canada and Schengen or the associated Schengen countries. Australian passport holders do not need a visa to visit Schengen countries (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland) if their stay does not exceed 90 days. As a result, Australian nationals can travel visa-free to the aforementioned Schengen Member States for up to three months in each country. However, when an Australian national travels to another Schengen state not listed above, the limitation does not apply to more than three months of a six-month period in the Schengen area as a whole. Therefore, if an Australian citizen has already spent three months in one or more of the aforementioned Schengen countries, any visit to another Schengen country without a bilateral visa waiver agreement with Australia can cause difficulties with local law enforcement authorities (for example.

B when he is accused of having spent the night leaving a Schengen country that is not on the list above). In addition, the Australian and Dutch governments have reached an agreement stipulating that Australian passport holders can remain in the Netherlands for an additional 90 days without a visa, after visiting other Schengen states. However, these additional 90 days are only valid/applicable if the Netherlands is the last Schengen state visited. The Visa Information System (VIS) supports the implementation of the EU`s common visa policy and is being introduced across Europe. Australian athletes and teams should be aware that more countries are now paying more attention to the dates of entry and exit of travellers. The AIS European Training Centre (AIS ETC) in Gavirate Italy has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Italian authorities on behalf of the Minister of Sport. This agreement will allow those who work and train the ETSA etc. to obtain visas for an extended stay of more than 90 days, up to a maximum of 365 days.

As a general rule, a visa allows you to enter the country, but must then be converted into a “residence permit” that will allow you to stay longer than the 90 days (up to 365 days). Only persons established in Italy with an address domiciled in or near the AIS ETC are entitled to this “authorization”. The successful granting of the authorisation will allow the holder to travel freely for one year for training and competition in the EU Schengen area. It is important to note that obtaining a visa through our agreement with Italy is not the gateway to the EU`s Schengen area. People who train at a European club and do not use the AIS ETC as their main base must organise the long-term visa through that club or in the country where they will be located. Foreign visitors will continue to enjoy visa-free privileges, but travel authorization will be a legal requirement of entry. With ETIAS, travellers can stay for up to 3 months in the Schengen area, the same authorisation applies to the whole Schengen area, i.e. they can travel freely from one country to another. Each country has a variety of types of visas, each with its own particular purpose and requirements.